Monday, January 23, 2006

Extra Ordinary General Meeting -- EOGM

"EOGM! COME EOGM!"

That's what I am hearing from where I am sitting now. All the block comm members are desperately finding people to meet the quota. Here I am, typing away in front of the computer while more than half the hall are stuck in the Hall listening to issues that they don't even care. Some of them are there just for the sake of being there so that the meeting can proceed. I was once like them. Then, I was naive and had nothing on hand to do. The idea of sitting down on a chair in an air con environment talking cock seem rather entice then. Now, I have 4 tutorials and 3 assignment due this week, one meeting to attend in 1 hr time and the sepak takraw waiting for me after the meeting. How can they blame me for not attending EOGM.

This very EOGM(can't they think of an acronym that can be pronounced), is going to discuss about a system about shearites changing block and elect new members for the Point Award Board. Am I going to change Block? No. Do I have enough points to stay? Yes. So what do I have to gain out of the meeting? Nothing. I see absolutely no reason for me to attend. Anyway, most shearites won't change blocks during their stay here. So why bother? Just because of one odd case, you have to waste 100 odd people's precious night. That's the efficiency of the JCRC. Welcome, to Sheares Hall.

Disclaimer: All above views my personal opinions, if you are offended, you can always talk to me personally. Despite all that I have said, Sheares Hall is still a wonderful hall with wonderful people everywhere. I have never regretted choosing sheares and enjoying everyday of my life here. Life can't always be rosy, can it?