Wednesday, January 25, 2006

CNY is coming

Chinese New Year is coming. Like always, I am not exactly looking forward to it. Isn't it just like any other day with the exception money changing hands, either through hongbaos or gambling. Like every other year, I don't think I will get much Hong bao money. My relatives arn't exactly close and everyone will be stoning away. Worse still, I don't have many cousins around my age. The one that is closest to my age is already a father of a two years old son. Furthermore, I am from the navy. This eliminates the possibilities of a having a conversation based on how sad, pathetic, abused..... we were during NS. None of them is doing an undergrad course now which further preclude topics that is closest to me now.

Seeing relatives once a year can also be a chore. I have to memorise all their "titles" all over again. Why can't everyone be called "Aunty" or "Uncle", we are in Singapore arn't we? "Relatives" also like to ask questions that you have no answers. Seeing that my cousin who is one year older than me having a son, I forsee that they will ask me when is my turn despite the fact that I am only 20 (not even 21). They may also ask question like, "How are you doing in school?" ...., which can actually be quite hard to answer I guess I will have to prepare some answers that will affect them so much that they won't bother to ask me anymore questions.

How I wish I could go overseas during CNY? Sigh..........

I am stuck in SG with tonnes of assignments.