Tuesday, December 13, 2005

ECP outing

It's the third week of my VA and I feel like I have just been back yesterday. Nevertheless, time is passing as slowly as ever in office. Maybe I feel that way because I haven't been in office very often or maybe the hall activities are taking too much of my time. I just can't wait for the next sem to start because term time is more slack than holidays, what an irony.

PS outing is quite fun, considering that I have to play treasure hunt with 3 40++ military personnel, do sia kang like carrying stuffs and walk under the sun for 2 hours plus plus plus.

My impression of DY PS after he made the small speech to the whole of the department changed quite dramatically. Most of us use to think or still strongly believe that COLs or LTCs and above are just people who can't excel outside (in the private sector) but always throw ranks around in SAF to get things done. They are not as useless as other perceive. At least most of them can talk cock quite well (showmanship rules in SAF). However, some of the things he mentioned is quite true. Firstly, a good degree is quite important in getting your idea job. Secondly, almost everything reckon decision making and we can choose to do things they right way or the easy way (we shouldn't even think about the wrong way). Lastly, enjoy my studies while I can. Many times, we look back and say "hey those time were fun" but when we were going through those times, we would have said "what the fish am I doing here". How I miss those tough times (bmt, ocs, odac trips, ncc expeditions). But I guess I won't get many chances to go through them again. Studies (especially uni life) is tough in it's own ways but I guess many years later I will look back and say "mugging for exams is fun", "lecture is enjoyable"......... Thus, I should work harder now so that many donkey years later, I have more "enjoyable" memories to look back.

No comments: