Thursday, February 09, 2006

Announcement in the IVLE

Saw this announcement in my IVLE. It's from my Heavenly Maths lecturer, who is a damn humorous guy.

Hi guys,

I just got the following letter from the FASS.

******

Dear A/P Aslaksen -
I have your students turning up at Dean's Office, requesting access to our roof top to take photographs during sunrise and sunset, and they claim it is a project for your class.
Due to security and safety concerns, our rooftop access for AS7 is restricted, I would also not encourage students to access rooftops of FASS buildings, as I believe OED would have some concerns about general safety and potential damage to waterproofing in these areas which are not meant for congregation.
I would appreciate your advising students of other methods to obtaining the necessary photographs for your project.

In the meantime, I will decline their requests to access the rooftop.

Thank you for your understanding.
Best Regards

*******

I definitely want to encouarge and reward creativity and imagination in the homework. However, you need to show common sense, courtesy, safety and follow rules.

You also have to remember that if you ask a bureacrat a yes/no question, the answer is always "NO"!

The story I told about a group of students last year who were approached by the police was just because my students had found a very unusal place. The police did not chase them away.

So by all means find great places to take the pictures, but don't get yourself into trouble. Please try to stay out of trouble and don't bother the bureaucrats too much.

OK?

Helmer